About the NHF
Established in 1955, the National Health Federation is an international nonprofit, consumer-education, health-freedom organization working to protect individuals’ rights to choose to consume healthy food, take supplements, and use alternative therapies without government restrictions. With consumer members all over the world, and a Board of Governors and Advisory Board containing representatives from 7 different countries, the Federation is unique as being not only the World’s oldest health-freedom organization for consumers but the only one accredited by Codex to attend and speak out at meetings of the Codex Alimentarius Commission, the highest international body on food standards.
- In the 1950s we fought and won the battle for mandatory inspection of poultry.
- In the 1960s we coordinated a major drive to help chiropractors become legally licensed in over 40 states.
- In the 1970s we waged very successful campaigns against fluoridation.
- In the 1980s we pushed through legislative recognition of acupuncture.
- In the 1990s we lobbied to pass the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act S-784, fought malathion spraying, promoted public education on the dangers of vaccinations, and continued fighting the fluoridation battle.
- In the 2000s we are working to prevent the Codex attempts to restrict your freedom to take vitamins and minerals and we are currently taking action to defeat the Senator Durbin Bill (S.722) that seeks to restrict DSHEA with his move to require dietary supplement manufacturers to submit Adverse Event Reports, to institute a pre-approval process with the FDA for all dietary supplements that are stimulants, and to re-classify anabolic-steroid dietary supplements as Controlled Substances. The other NHF battles include opposing S.1780, S.1538, H.R. 207 and H.R. 3377 (considered the Son of Durbin bill). We are also supporting health-promoting legislation such as the Access To Medical Treatment Act and a repeal of the Kefauver Amendment of 1962 that gave the FDA expanded authority over drug “efficacy” and thus the ability to play favorites with drug companies. We are fighting alongside other countries against a major health freedom threat, one whose goal is to harmonize vitamin and supplement laws that strictly regulate natural health foods worldwide.
About the NHF UK
NHF UK are holding health awareness conferences which aim to educate and provide alternative natural health options. We will also host local talks and run awareness campaigns on issues such as food additives, vaccinations and fluoridation. Along with Scott Tips, NHF president, NHF UK’s Caroline Knight also attends global Codex Alimentarius meetings at various points throughout the year. With help from the public, we are able to attend more of the meetings, essentially acting as the voice for health freedom on behalf of the consumer. Here we put forward compelling evidence in favour of natural health, supplements etc, and lobby against dangerous limits, restrictions, additives and processes imposed on our food supply. Caroline Knight also promotes the cause on a weekly basis in central Brighton, and regularly around the London area.