CODEX ALIMENTARIUS – A SILENT STALKER OF OUR HEALTH
NEVER HEARD OF CODEX? THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT
* Only low-potency, “me too” supplements available that will do nothing for your health
* All or most foods genetically-modified and no way to know
* Beneficial supplements unavailable or sold by prescription only
All Coming to You in the Future, if Codex Has its Way
EDUCATE & EMPOWER YOURSELF ABOUT CODEX – PROTECT YOUR HEALTH AND THAT OF YOUR LOVED ONES WHAT IS CODEX?
Codex Alimentarius is Latin for ‘Food Code.’ The Codex Alimentarius Commission, based in Rome, Italy, and created in 1963, is an international organization jointly run by the Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) and the World Health Organization (WHO) of the United Nations. One of its 27 committees, the Codex Committee on Nutrition and Foods for Special Dietary Use (CCNFSDU) is responsible for Dietary Supplements and Special Foods. The CCNFSDU meets once yearly in Germany (its host country) and the National Health Federation is the only health-freedom group that is a Codexrecognized organization with the right to attend, submit documents, interact in real time with other Codex delegates, and speak out at these meetings. Codex’s published goals are to develop and adopt uniform food standards for its member countries and to promote the free and unhindered international flow of food goods, thereby eliminating trade barriers to food and providing food safety.
HOW DOES IT AFFECT THE HEALTH OF U.K. & OTHER CITIZENS?
Unfortunately, implementation of this goal has headed in the WRONG DIRECTION. WHY?
Because, among other reasons:• The delegates to the committees are regulatory bureaucrats, largely out of touch with consumers and influenced by commercial interests adverse to true health. As a result, they are establishing unhealthy guidelines.
• The U.K. delegate at Codex is no friend to health freedom, rarely speaks out at the meetings because he/she is subordinate to the European Commission representative, and generally is friendly to the controlling, anti health-freedom position that Brussels has adopted.
• The U.S. delegate – another bureaucrat but with the American Food and Drug Administration – is no friend of health freedom either. The U.S. FDA has announced its intention to harmonize U.S. food regulations to international standards, a position it also took in an October 11, 1995 Federal Register pronouncement.
• In 1994, Codex began the process of establishing “guidelines” to govern international trade in food supplements. This will be used to exclude high-potency British, Canadian, and American supplements and move towards harmonization of the more-liberal U.K. and U.S. food regulatory regime with the harsh Napoleonic-law-oriented
European regulatory model that only allows ridiculously low-potency and expensive supplements to be marketed.
• Other Codex-harmonization issues concern food additives, GM (genetically-modified) foods, food labeling, infant formulas, risk assessment of food supplements, and other related issues.
WHY IS THE U.K. CODEX DELEGATE NOT FIGHTING FOR YOUR HEALTH RIGHTS AT CODEX?
In bed with the pharmaceutical industry for years, the U.K. FSA despises any reins on its arbitrary enforcement powers over food supplements. Unfortunately, as a cozy friend of the drug companies and with an anti-supplement mentality, the FSA has acted to suppress supplements in favor of drugs instead. The FSA knows that it is politically difficult, indeed impossible, to thwart EU Directives coming out of Brussels, so even if it had the inclination to do so, it takes the easier path of just accepting the EU Food Supplement Directive and the EU’s intention to mold Codex Alimentarius standards and guidelines after the EU Food Supplement Directive, which treats food supplements as toxic drugs. The FSA does not mind applying a drug-like toxicological model to natural,
healthy foods and supplements. Using harsh and restrictive Codex guidelines and other international, anti-health harmonization rules and regulations is one way for the FSA to undermine liberal British food law that has, to this date, permitted natural health products to flourish in a way long absent from Continental Europe.
The NHF has been monitoring Codex meetings since the mid-1990s and actually present at these meetings since 2000. Having recognized the threat early on, the NHF obtained official Codex-recognized status as an INGO (International non-governmentalorganization), which allows the NHF the right to speak out for health-freedom at these Codex meetings and against this UK/EU Codex agenda. No other health-freedom organization has such status, so the NHF is unique in this respect and the lone nongovernmental voice at Codex for health freedom.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP FIGHT FOR OUR HEALTH FREEDOMS?
Be persistently vocal and contact your Members of Parliament to complain about the lack of representation by the FSA and U.K. representatives at Codex meetings.
Remember, politicians do not see the light, they feel the heat. Write your clearly stated concerns, then call, e-mail, and also fax. Use every approach and do not flag. If you reside in their district, they will listen to you, as they want your vote and your money.
Write letters to the editor, educate friends and co-workers. It must be a grass-roots effort to save our health freedoms as history has shown that we cannot expect politicians and bureaucrats to do it for us.
To further educate yourself on Codex: Visit www.thenhf.com (Codex page)
Purchase our Codex book, which unmasks the true Codex agenda in a reader-friendly form. Available in the shop section of this website.
Join the NHF and support our decade long struggle against the Codex threat.
HELP THE NHF CONQUER THE CODEX GRIP
DON’T WAIT UNTIL IT’S TOO LATE
KNOW YOUR ENEMY AND WHAT YOU CAN DO TO FIGHT BACK
Join the NHF-UK today to help us help you!